An old Facebook post prompted me to help you get to know me a bit better. Here are 25 random things about me:
1. I became a Celebrant because I felt lost when my father-in-law passed away and didn’t want the family to do anything to remember him.
2. I am an avid reader of books of all kinds.
3. I grow vegetables and herbs in my backyard “urban farm.”
4. I love animals and have two rescue dogs.
5. I don’t have kids, but I think I’m a pretty good auntie to my nieces and nephew and godson.
6. I wear a lot of black.
7. My other job is creative director. I started out in advertising as a copywriter.
8. I’ve lived in 5 states and 2 countries.
9. I’m a big fan of music of all kinds but I have a soft spot for 80s New Wave.
10. I believe that knowledge should be shared. So should French fries.
11. I keep a gratitude journal.
12. I’m teaching myself French using Rosetta Stone.
13. I like grandma hobbies like gardening, canning, and dehydrating. And walking.
14. I’m learning how to camp.
15. I’m a little afraid to ride a bike (had an accident in high school), but now that we have a nice paved trail nearby, I’m going to do it again.
16. I love to swim in any kind of water. Pool, lake, ocean, river.
17. I enjoy kayaking and stand up paddle board, but I find canoeing hard.
18. I am a citizen of two countries.
19. I celebrate two thanksgivings every year (doubly thankful).
20. A civil status marriage officer officiated my own wedding.
21. I would be happy if I could walk everywhere.
22. I love to learn new things even if I’m terrible at them.
23. I was terrified of my Instant Pot, but now I’m a big fan.
24. My favorite new discoveries are furikaki (Japanese seasoning) and Heritage Orchestra.
25. If I had to pick one last sweet thing to eat, it would be a butter tart, although white layer birthday cake would be a close second. If I had to pick one last savory thing to eat, it would be French fries. If I had to pick one last vegetable to eat, it would be an artichoke.
That was fun! Hopefully you learned a little something about me that you didn’t already know.
❤️ & ✨, Rev. Julie
Learn more about RiteWords Ceremonies, Rev. Julie, and ceremonies created just for you at http://www.ritewordsceremonies.com